eValid -- Automated Web Quality Solution
Browser-Based, Client-Side, Functional Testing & Validation,
Load & Performance Tuning, Page Timing, Website Analysis,
and Rich Internet Application Monitoring.
eValid -- Product Design Principles
This page describes some of the design principles that underly the eValid product.
A useful reference is this eValid Product Diagram.
See also the companion Script Principles.
The eValid system incorporates these general design features and characteristics.
- Realism by emulating a real browser.
- Quick and easy to download and install.
- GUI operation has to be "like a browser".
- GUI has to be simple enough for non-programmers to use effectively
(but also allow use by expert programmers).
- Full access to browser internal states (DOM based).
- Simple script language -- no programminmg required
(the EPI interface is a separate feature).
- Input files are all plain text, tab/whitespace delimited, HTML ready.
- Output files are all plain text, tab/whitespace delimited, HTML ready.
- Internal error states need to be flagged.
- Available batch (command line) interface (for monitoring, regression testing, etc.)
- Scripts need to be parameterizable, and there have to be ways to send parameters to a script.
- Simple method for generating data.
- Able to read/process ANY website.
- Accurate internal timing, including for dependent components of a page.
- Able to run in multiple copies, for server loading and/or for monitoring use.