eValid -- Automated Web Quality Solution
Browser-Based, Client-Side, Functional Testing & Validation,
Load & Performance Tuning, Page Timing, Website Analysis,
and Rich Internet Application Monitoring.
© Copyright 2000-2012 by Software Research, Inc.
eValid -- V9 Advances Summary
Here is a summary of new features included eValid V9.
These features generally operate to extend and amplify an already powerful product,
but also (in the case of the new EPI feature) to extend applicability of
the technology to a much wider range of applications.
- Functional & Regression Test
- The new EPI Interface
adds C/C++/C#, PERL, Java control interfaces.
- There new
AJAX Synchronization Support based on using
internal DOM properties to assure reliable playback.
The new feature permits synchronization to occur
in all of the following ways.
- Positive DOM element property synchronization.
- Negative DOM element property synchronization.
- Positive DOM element property value synchronization.
- Negative DOM element property value synchronization.
DOM Element Motion Commands indended for use
in AJAX appplications where standard synchronization
methods do no suffice.
- There is a new switch in the eValid
that allows a user to specify
-AGENT "user_agent_string", a feature that
allows evalid to
spoof being any type of browsers.
Page Metrics Popup behavior,
including the ability to reset
metrics summary values on user command.
- Monitoring Support
- A new TimeStamp command.
- A new SaveRecord command.
- A new capability for
Custom Logfile Generation that can be used
to collect very specific information about
web application performance when eValid is used
for Rich Internet Application (RIA) monitoring.
- There are published interfaces scripts that feed eValid-generated
data to to Common Monitoring Reporting Engines such as
Nagios, Hyperic, Groundwork, etc.
- Improved batch mode reliability.
- Server Loading, Performance Testing
- There is a new
Partial URL Validation capability that supports
validating performance on load-balancing systems.
- A new
URL Trace Creation feature aimed at
improving the ability of eVlite type load test
- The operation of eVlite
has been recalibrated for improved performance
and greater workload generation capabilities.
- Site Analysis
- There are major revisions of the
Site Analysis Reports
that incorporate a completely new "look and feel".
The new reports are easier to understand and
easier to use.
- Other V9 Advances
- There is improved
Browser-Face License Management to make it easy
to install and upgrade license features.
Issue Reporting Support that provides detailed
data about any failures during "production use"
of eValid (e.g. in Monitoring Mode).
- There is a new and improved technical support request
method that uses a special
Script Submission form that automatically
includes the current script and the key parts
of the Event Log.
- There is a new Web-Authenticated Licensing method that can be used
to provide full eValid support enterprise-wide.
- We have revised the standard eValid Product Bundles
and the associated Bundle Pricing.